8/22/2013

Retro Inspirations Part 2 - Lolita look

Hello ladies!
Today is the day to share with you my softer retro look I did a few days ago and which I mentioned in my previous Retro look post (HERE).
Read on...

I wanted to make a very gentle feminine look for my date night with my hubby, as we were celebrating a small anniversary on 20th, so I turned to my trusted red polka dot dress I got a few years ago from Kenvelo.
And since it was very soft look I had to skip the red lips part this time and make a small color pop on the eyes instead. That's where INGLOT comes to rescue my day.
So here's a list of all makeup I used for this look:
  • AVON BB Cream in "Shell" color
  • MeMeMe Beat the blues illuminator
  • ArtDeco DitaVonTeese translucent powder 
  • Sephora white eyeshadow from a small palette I got a few years back
  • INGLOT red eyeshadow 
  • Maybelline eyeliner pencil in Black
  • Maybelline Falsies mascara in Black
  • Revlon lipstick 
 


Also I wanted to try something different with my hair for this special day and I turned again to my trusted hair tutorial guide - The Freckled Fox I tried recreating the Braided Bun tutorial (found HERE) and I think it turned out nice, even though I made only two braids instead of three.
Of course you can imagine that comments such as "Princess Leah" were present throughout the work day, but they were considered compliments :):)
I hope you'll enjoy this Lolita innocent look (even though my hubby knows that ain't the case) and use it as an inspiration for something similar and show it to me if  you do - I would love! to see :)
Have a lovely day ladies!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10