9/10/2013

China Glaze "Mahogany Magic" review and swatch

Hello ladies!
It's been a while since I did a nail polish swatch and review. Now is the day when I show you yet another beauty in my humble collection - ChinaGlaze "Mahogany Magic".
Read on..

This beautiful piece is part of ChinaGlaze Spring 2012 "The Hunger Games - Capitol" collection.
It is a very opaque medium dark brown cream. I've read reviews saying it has olive undertones to it, but either its my eyes and my mind playing tricks on me, or there are really no olive undertones to this beautiful warm brown.
I'm in love with brown colors when it comes to ... Everything! And for fall/winter I love it on my nails as it makes me feel cozy and warm.. Plus this particular shade reminds me of a nice cup of hot chocolate :)
Now on to the polish:

  • Formula - not so great, patchy and thick. Two very, very thin colors needed, but you must be quick to apply them as in thinner coats it dries quickly
  • Opacity - great after 2 coats
  • Drying time - average, the thickness is definitely not helping here
  • Finish - creamy medium glossy finish, a top coat is a must in my opinion
All photos are in natural daylight and have no top coat on them. Enjoy and let me know what you think of this one :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10